Sunday, July 27, 2014

I was hoping....

I was hoping I could show you the Peanuts Christmas quilt with all of the borders quilted, but alas I still have one more side of the final border to quilt. This is where it is so far....

The quilting of this final blue border is thankfully going quite quickly. It is a nice flowing ribbon chain stencil that allows me stitch for a long time without clipping the thread.

Now a question for you. I have stitched in the ditch around each of the little panels. On the scenic borders I outlined the snow and the buildings as you can see in this picture.

 I am considering going back to these little panels and outlining the snow in these also. 
Should I do this extra quilting?
That is the question. There is not much to quilt in the square on the bottom right and only a little in the others. There are 20 square scenes in all.

I don't think this is necessary, but it might accent it nicely. I know this quilting will be somewhat tedious and I really would like to be done with the quilting and move on to the binding. I don't think my daughter would care either way. Sigh...

There has been no progress on my cross-stitch as I have been concentrating on finishing this quilt. I have also been crocheting my Picot Edged Scarf. I will update that progress on Wednesday.

My garden  is now yielding some cherry tomatoes. Hubby and I have been enjoying them in tossed salad. I may make my tomato-mozzarella salad to use some of them also. Hubby always likes that salad.


I am joining Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday today. Pop on over to her site and see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

  1. Decisions, decisions I personally wouldn't but only you can decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the deciding is the hard part.

      Delete
  2. I do like the texture the extra quilting gives. But if you feel done with the quilting, then you're done!! It's a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do feel that the extra quilting would be a plus. I am just not sure I want to do the quilting. I will decide when I finish this border.

      Delete
  3. I always like more, but that is me. I say do what you want it is your project. After all quilting should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you could go wrong either way, but I also like the look of the extra quilting. It's a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like more quilting also. I may have to keep going.

      Delete
  5. I'm with what Mary (above) has said, Cathie, and you're doing a lovely job with it! Your tomatoes look delicious, enjoy your salads:) xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Joy. I think most people agree that more is better. I will see how I feel about it when I am done with this border. Our tomato-mozzarella salad came out great with the home grown tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt.
    What better than home grown tomatoes.
    Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Either way I am sure it will be very loved!

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like what you have done so far and home grown tomatoes are the best!

    The stitching in the snow is very nice...it shows or appears to show some drifts there...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is too short. If leaving out the extra quilting is not going to bother you and you know your daughter won't mind, then finish the quilt and move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly, you have to be happy with the piece, before anyone else can be. So what feels best to you? It's looking good so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.