Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Yarn along

I am still working on my variegated scarf. You really can't tell that I have gotten any more done so I will just show you last week's picture again.

I am joining Ginny's Yarn Along. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what others are crafting and reading.
I have finished reading A Turn in the Road by Debbie Macomber. This is another wonderful book by this author. She takes you on a road trip with three women. As I was reading this, I was reminded of the road trips I made as a young girl with my mother and grandmother. I have to admit that my grandmother was not as spry or adventurous as Ruth is in this book and my mother did all of the driving, but a couple of the events certainly rang a bell with me. Without giving anything away, I remember similar reactions to a car breakdown on Interstate 95 one summer. We all piled into the tow truck with a very large flashlight as a "weapon" to keep the three of us safe. We were so naive and the people who helped us were genuinely nice.
I enjoyed reading about the adventures of Ruth, Bethanne and Annie. The story of the relationships they have with each other and with the men in their lives is beautifully spun. A few twists and turns with some heartfelt soul searching. I didn't want to put it down.

I haven't picked up another book just yet. I am trying to catch up on some of my magazine reading. Next up is either Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah or
Island Girls by Nancy Thayer.



6 comments:

  1. I am either crafting or reading, I can't seem to get the balance right for both unless you include craft books which I have a lot of and browse them all the time. Will post to the yarn along later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always going back and browsing my craft books and magazines. I too have a lot of them.

      Delete
  2. My time is quite limited with being busy this summer, I'm looking forward to the slowness of fall. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf sounds like my Viajante - it never looks like there is any progress! My next book on the list is a Nancy Thayer book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some projects seem to be slow to show their progress, don't they? Having finished all the Laura Ingalls books, I'm finding that my reading is tending toward tales of WWII survival (autobiographies) which I'm loving. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.