Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yarn Along

I am still working on the back of mom's vest. I intermittently have to frog. For some reason I keep messing up the pattern. It is not that difficult. Odd rows are p4,k2 across while even rows are all knit. I just knit an odd row. Ugh.....
This is how it looks this morning.....
I have finally finished reading Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. As I said previously, at times it was like reading a history book. I found the first half of the book fairly interesting.....the part that dealt with Elizabeth's time at the White House. The part of the book after President Lincoln's death is somewhat plodding. I had to force myself to keep reading until the end.
I am now reading The Hot Flash Club by Nancy Thayer. I actually believe I have read this book before because I remember parts of it. I didn't record it in the little book I keep with a list books of the books I have read. I am really enjoying it though, perhaps because I am at that time of my life. It is funny and uplifting.

I am joining Ginny for Yarn Along again this week. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading?  Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to.
Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. knitting looks great, I have gone wrong on my work so more frogging today, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been some frogging going on here too, maybe it's just something in the air ;)
    Your book sounds fun, you can't go wrong with funny and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have a frogging club forming. I am not sure I really want to be a member.

      Delete
  3. Agree, funny and uplifting is good. Love the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am looking forward to reading more books in the Hot Flash Club series.

      Delete
  4. I hope the frogging stops soon for you but I'm glad you are catching the errors and I know you will be happy with the vest in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hope I can actually finish this vest.

      Delete
  5. Funny how those "simple" patterns can trip us up. I know I have a hard time with them! Another Nancy Thayer book! Thanks for the suggestion. I really like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a series! I can't wait to read the rest of them.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad it's not just me who does that kind of thing with 'simple' patterns. It's so frustrating getting almost to the end of a long row only to find you made a mistake at the beginning of the one below!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had just finished a row last night when I yelled in frustration because I had messed up again. I can not watch TV while knitting this vest. I have to pay more attention.

      Delete
  7. I could do with something funny and uplifting, I can't get into the book I am reading at the moment...About Grace...Shame about the frogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nancy Thayer's books. They move along at a quick pace and are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your knitting looks beautiful! Hope you don't need to frog anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I join up with Ginny once in awhile too. Your project is lovely. I just did a cable section on a shawl and got lost too often and had to go back and fix things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.