Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Almost there!

I finished knitting one of the armbands on my mom's vest and believe it or not it was easy.
This is the first straight-forward easy part of this entire vest. I am hoping that I can complete the other armband after work today. Then all that is left is the collar. Let's hope that is as easy to complete. 
I picked up this yarn on a trip to ACMoore a couple of weeks ago. Have any of you tried it yet? I saw it made into a had on a friend's Facebook posting and it looked kind of neat.
I also got it in grey. I have another secret project in mind for it. I will post when it is completed.
Speaking of that friend, she has just started a new Facebook page. Pop on over to Randi's Original's to see some of the great knits she has to offer. I only recently found out that Randi is an extremely accomplished knitter. 
I am joining Ginny for Yarn Along again this week. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to.
As for reading, I finished The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini. I have definitely found another series that I will thoroughly enjoy reading. Now I have Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon on my Kindle. I have only just begun to read it. No opinion yet.
Thanks of stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. so glad you are armbanding, won't be long now will it?? Can't wait to see it all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such a good job, looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely. And I love your blog header. I am a bit of a cross stitch addict too and have that pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I have to do is get the cross-stitch framed sometime soon. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty yarn color. I haven't branched out into adult garments yet. The yarn is so expensive! I haven't tried that particular brand of Red Heart, but Red Heart is a good brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should not have made this a surprise, but I know my mom would have discouraged this project for her otherwise. I really needed to have a better idea of size. This is going to be too big.

      Delete
  7. Lovely project :) ( Anyone that can knit has my highest regard / a true talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project :) ( Anyone that can knit has my highest regard / a true talent :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.