Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Back to crafting

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and a Happy Passover.
Hubby and I had a nice visit with our two adult children and my mother.
Hubby bought this beautiful flower bucket for me.
Mom bought me tulips.
 Now our daughter is back working in Boston and our son flew back to CA to continue his research at Stanford University yesterday.

I missed Measi's WIPocalypse check-in on April 4th. Better late than never. You can check out what other bloggers are stitching by clicking the link.
This month's question is:

Which specialty stitches do you love doing on projects? Which do you dread?

Hmm, I really like French knots. I know that most people don't like them, but for some strange reason, I have a knack for completing them. I usually leave them for last because I know they will be completed quickly.
I have determined from my two recent apron projects that I really do not like to work the stem stitch. Thankfully this stitch doesn't show up too often on counted cross-stitch projects.
As for my WIPs, the only one I have been working on lately has been Large Cross-stitch #1. I hope to finish the second of 10 pages this week. Here is how this project looked last month:
This is its current state. I am getting really close to the bottom of this page. 
I see a lot of progress in the past month. WooHoo! 

I am joining Ginny's Yarn Along today also. What are knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to.

I am still sewing seams on my Jaunty Jacket.  
I hope to start crocheting the collar later this week. 

As for reading, I borrowed Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight for my Kindle. I can't say I am really enjoying this book. I believe it is supposed to be some sort of romance novel, but it is somewhat sad and slow. I am not that interested in the characters or their struggles and the romance just isn't there. I am on chapter 24 and more than halfway through so I will finish this book, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. I love the jaunty jacket and looking forward to seeing it finished with the collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that too. I just have to go back to working on it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers from your family .
    Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cross stitch of the Golden Gate Bridge. One of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you're back at it!! Love your flowers, they are happy looking and Mae me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful progress on your stitching and wonderful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.